Ahhhh Easter! The time of year when humans go crazy and over indulge in chocolate and us poor four legged friends are left smelling the sweetness through empty wrappers!
I've certainly had my share of chocolate indulged moment a few years ago when I ate my nanny's Christmas present - a delicious box of maltesers! Let's just say it was a good idea at the time, but I was incredibly sick for a few days after that! And you'd think I'd learn my lesson from that experience right? WRONG!
I had spent the weekend seeing all these yummy treats but not being allowed to eat any of them, no matter how hard I begged for them. My mum did receive a little stuffed toy which I quickly claimed as my own. But then On Easter Monday, my family decided to step out of the house for a little bit.
It wasn't long before I sniffed out a big chocolate egg that was sitting on the coffee table! Oh yum! So I attacked it as best as I could! But given the size of it, I couldn't bring myself to finish it off.
Then my family arrived home and I knew I was in trouble. I ran and hid under the dining table straight away! I knew my mum would be really mad with me. My little belly was pretty swollen and I didn't feel all that great!
After making some calls, my mum eventually put me in the car and took me to the dreaded doggie hospital. It was awful! They made me throw up all the yummy chocolate I had just eaten, then they fed me this horrible black charcoal stuff! The end result was me leaving with a very very black face but feeling a lot better! I was back to my normal self in no time!
What's the morale of the story?? Don't underestimate my sneakiness. If you leave food around, I will find it and I will eat it!
Happy eating dudes! Peace out.
Mr Teddy Bear