Are you sick of going out to restaurants and not being able to order a risotto due to an onion allergy (because we all know that most stock will have onion in it)? Well now you can have this delicious meal in the comfort of your own home.
After a lot of research, I have managed to find beef and chicken stock cubes that are not only gluten free but onion and garlic free also. But please note, it is only the cubed version that is onion free as pictured above, the ready made powdered version contains onion!
This isn't a dish you can whip up in 20 mins! It does take time. I would allow an hour from start to finish.
- 500 grams chicken breast, diced (roughly 2 chicken breasts)
- 3 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp garlic (disregard if you cannot tolerate garlic)
- 4 rashers bacon, chopped
- 4 cubes of Massel's chicken stock in 1 liter of boiled water
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 10 mushrooms, chopped (optional)
- oil (vegetable or extra virgin olive oil)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute chicken in oil and garlic. Once cooked, set aside
- Saute bacon (+ mushrooms). Set aside
- Place 4 chicken cubes in 1 liter of boiling water
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in pan, cook rice for 3 mins
- Add wine and reduce. Stir regularly
- Add stock, one cup at a time until all absorbed
- Add chicken, bacon (+ mushrooms), Parmesan, pepper and fresh basil. Stir.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve and sprinkle with Parmesan.