Tuesday 12 January 2016

Breakfast in a wine glass? Yes please!


Now this is how I like my breakfast served! This delicious smoothie packed with all the essential vitamins and minerals to keep me healthy, not only tastes delicious BUT it keeps me full for hours. I wake up everyday really looking forward to my breakfast. And when it takes less than 20 seconds to make and can be consumed on the go (ok perhaps not in the wine glass), there really are no excuses for not starting your day with a healthy balanced breakfast.

But so many people out there are guilty of skipping the most important meal of the day. I've heard all the excuses "I don't have time", "I'd rather sleep in an extra ten minutes", "coffee is my breakfast". 

So why is breakfast the most important meal of the day? Well it refuels your glycogen (energy) levels, it kick starts your metabolism, provides you with energy to keep you going throughout the day and breaks the overnight fasting period (hence the name break-fast) just to name a few!

And did you know that eating breakfast is actually good for your waistline? Research shows those who eat breakfast are less likely to be overweight and more likely to be within their ideal weight range compared with breakfast skippers. This is because if you skip breakfast, you are more likely to reach for foods that are high in sugar and fat. 

If you don't have time, get up earlier or choose a breakfast that is quick and easy  (ie smoothie). If you struggle to stomach breakfast, try introducing something small to change your habit (piece of fruit). Having breakfast everyday means incorporating it into your routine. Introduce it slowly and try different foods if you need to. 

I promise you that your body will thank you and you'll not only notice a difference in your energy levels but also your concentration. 

So do yourself a favor - stop making excuses and start having breakfast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment