So has anyone else heard about the 'Raw Cheesecake' craze? Gluten free, dairy free, vegan friendly cheesecakes? With so many "Raw" cafes and the like opening up here there and everywhere, My mission was to to find a 'Raw Cheesecake' that is nice enough to serve to family and friends. So I did a bit of research, played around with a few recipes and finally found the most delicious 'Raw Cheesecake' ever! Yep that's right, EVER!
- 2 cups of raw nuts (I used mixed nuts)
- 1 cup of raisins
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups cashews
- 3/4 cup of fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- zest of all the oranges you have juiced
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups blueberries (I used frozen)
- 1/4 cup of the Orange cheesecake mixture
To make the crust:
1. Process the nuts and raisins in a food processor until the nuts have become crumbs and the mixture becomes sticky. Press into bottom of of spring-form pan and put in the fridge.
To make the Orange cheesecake:
2. Blend all ingredients (except orange zest) in blender until smooth. Add in the orange zest with a spoon. Reserve 1/4 cup of this mixture for the blueberry topping. Pour the rest onto your crust and put in the freezer.
To make the blueberry layer:
3. Blend the blueberries and the 1/4 cup cheesecake mixture in your food processor or blender until creamy. Spread this over your cheesecake and keep in the freezer or fridge overnight.
I served it with shaved chocolate, but to keep it dairy free and vegan friendly, serve with sliced oranges.
Original recipe is Courtesy of http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-food/recipe-raw-orange-and-blueberry-cheesecake/
Be sure to check out their page for plenty more yummy recipes!